Michael Kelley II, CFP®
Cornerstone Wealth Management
I work with clients to help them feel comfortable about their income and investments as they enter or near retirement. We typically work on an ongoing basis but do offer one-time planning for those that prefer a more DIY solution. Let our team help you worry less about money so you can get back to living your life!
My work as a financial planner has been cited in numerous financial and trade magazines including CNBC, TheStreet, and LendingTree.
I’m a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) Professional and co-owner of Cornerstone Wealth Management, a Fee-Only, Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) firm located in Westlake, Ohio. My team and I serve clients locally and virtually across the country.
My love for investments started when I bought my first 3 stocks at the age of 14 (with my Dad’s help, obviously). Curious to know which ones? Walmart, JLG and Cisco. I can still remember anxiously waiting to read the Sunday paper and find out how my stocks performed that week. Wow, times sure have changed!
I’m a graduate from The University of Akron and a proud member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) and the Certified Financial Planner Board (CFP®).
When I’m not in the office creating financial plans, you’ll either find me on the golf course or walking the Metroparks with my wife, Krista and dog, Stewie.
My clients often have questions like this:
- How much money do I need to have saved before I can retire?
- I just started a new job. Can you help me select the right benefits (medical, disability, 401(k), HSA, etc.)
- When is the right time to start taking Social Security?
- How can I make sure that I won’t become a burden to my family?
- How much money can I take from my retirement accounts each year?
- We’ve kind of been coasting and ignoring our finances. Can you provide us with a “plan” and get us on the right track?
- I prefer to manage my own investment accounts. Can you just provide me with a second opinion on my investment strategy?
- Should I pay off my mortgage before I retire?
- Is it better to take my pension as a lump-sum?
- Is that sales pitch on TV about an annuity too good to be true? (hint…. yes)
- Is it time to sell my stocks and buy bonds?
If any of those questions sound like something you’ve been asking yourself, please schedule a free, no-obligation, 15-minute call by clicking here