Michael Kelley, CFP®
Kelley Financial Planning
I’m a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) Professional and founder of Kelley Financial Planning, a Fee-Only, Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) firm located in Cleveland, Ohio. I serve clients locally and also virtually across the country.
Instead of modeling Kelley Financial Planning after other firms, I started with a blank sheet of paper and designed a business model focused on providing the best service, for the best value with the best client experience.
I work with clients on an hourly, as-needed basis to help them worry less about money and get back to living their lives!
My work as a financial planner has been cited in numerous financial and trade magazines including CNBC, TheStreet, and LendingTree.
My love for investments started when I bought my first 3 stocks at the age of 14 (with my Dad’s help, obviously). Curious to know which ones? Walmart, JLG and Cisco. I can still remember anxiously waiting to read the Sunday paper and find out how my stocks performed that week. Wow, times sure have changed!
I’m a graduate from The University of Akron and a proud member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), the XY Planning Network (XYPN), the Certified Financial Planner Board (CFP®).
When I’m not in the office creating financial plans, you’ll either find me on the golf course or walking the Metroparks with my wife and two dogs.
My clients often have questions like this:
- How much money do I need to have saved before I can retire?
- I just started a new job. Can you help me select the right benefits (medical, disability, 401(k), HSA, etc.)
- When is the right time to start taking Social Security?
- How can I make sure that I won’t become a burden to my family?
- How much money can I take from my retirement accounts each year?
- We’ve kind of been coasting and ignoring our finances. Can you provide us with a “plan” and get us on the right track?
- I prefer to manage my own investment accounts. Can you just provide me with a second opinion on my investment strategy?
- Should I pay off my mortgage before I retire?
- Is it better to take my pension as a lump-sum?
- Is that sales pitch on TV about an annuity too good to be true? (hint…. yes)
- Is it time to sell my stocks and buy bonds?
- Can you help me analyze my student loans?
If any of those questions sound like something you’ve been asking yourself, please schedule a free, no-obligation, 15-minute call by clicking here.